I’m getting down to the wire now and things are getting tense. A week ago my Nook suddenly decided to give up the ghost, baffling the Barnes and Noble technicians. It has now been replaced, and I now also have a Kindle as insurance. After all, 51 lbs in not much of a weight allowance, and books are not exactly lightweight!
Today, two days before I leave, the utility sink next to the washing machine overflowed so I guess I’ll hang on the Bissell “Big Green Machine” since it doubles as a wet-vac. (I’m trying to put together some stuff for the Lupus Foundation to pick up tomorrow morning.) And now I notice that the shower upstairs really could use a new washer…
This past Sunday was lovely, though. Not only weather-wise, as it was mild and sunny, but there was a special send-off for me at the National Presbyterian Church, including a pot-luck luncheon. As I’m trying to clean out the refrigerator here at home, this was a good thing. National Presbyterian Church has been my home church for the past 18 years or so, consequently, having them all behind me with their encouragement means a lot. I even found out that Dr. Renwick’s wife, Curry, is a librarian! No surprise that he was there!





Hi Pam, we are thinking about you tonight, Feb 8. What a crazy time for you the last two days before you departed from Washington last week. We pray you have just the right things you need in your 51 lbs of luggage. When you read these comments you will be in Burkina Faso and we will continue to hold you up in prayer as you work through all the logistics of settling in to your lodging and work. We certainly will honor your request for prayer regarding the issue of transportation between your residence and the library. Great to see the pictures and comments regarding your commissioning Jan 29 at NPC. We look forward to your next blog entry. Blessings and our love to you. David and Phyllis
ReplyDelete