I finally received a note from the director of the Médiathèque Municipale in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso letting me know that she has moved on to a new position at the National Archives! The now former library director, Madame Ouattara, enclosed a couple of photos of the children's room decorated with some of the materials I brought to the library last spring. I thought you'd be interested in seeing them displayed in the children's library there!
As you can see, the collection is pretty meager and room is quite sparsely furnished--no toys at all! I hope to be able to visit again when I return in January and bring a few more items with me!
As for the French language software for the SIL center, I am now being promised it will be ready by the end of October. (As you recall it was supposed to have been ready last February, before the date was pushed back to September!) That means that I can now plan for my next visit there in mid-January when I return from my October travels. For those of you that are not aware, I will be in Spain in early October, walking the last part of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela (Saint James' Way) and then back to Paris for a couple more weeks. I will be flying into Chicago October 31 to visit with my parents a few days before returning back to Maryland on the 5th of November. If interested, you can follow my camino blog at:
http://pamscaminodesantiago.blogspot.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment