Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Return trip

It has been fun catching up with friends in Paris.  I managed to take in a huge neighborhood garage sale (un vide-grenier) near the métro stop Cité Universitaire.  Among the rubble, I unearthed a copy of the accompanying book to the twin exhibits Van Gogh rêve de Japon and Hiroshige L’art du voyage held at the Pinacothèque de Paris, which I had purchased when I saw the exhibit last October.  I also noticed a women's jacket for sale as well--the exact same (color/style) La Redoute jacket I had once owned!

A vide-grenier near the Parc Montsouris and the Cite Universitaire



Lunch with Jean-Marc and Anne-Marie Drouin, Genevieve Sonneville and Jean-Jacques Levive


I had lunch with some long-time friends, did some window  shopping
Shop window with embroidered upholstery fabric highlighted with an embroidery hoop
 
I am always looking for decorating ideas!
 


managed to attend a couple of music concerts, saw the exquisite Paris : Haute Couture exhibit at the Hôtel de Ville, visited a few small cafes and restaurants. . .

Piano concert at the Salle Cortot










 
The restaurant Memere-Paulette in the 2nd arrondissement near the Stock Exchange



























Well, this lovely French interlude has come to a close and I'm on my way back to the US.  I don't know when I'll be back in Ouaga but if you have signed up for the blog you will be the among first to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITHO 2011 in the conference center

SITHO 2011 in the conference center
This is a conference for the tourism and hospitality industry

The convention center

The convention center
the sign says that it is air-conditioned

Street Scene

Street Scene
Motorcycles and mopeds are everywhere and don't require a driver's license, making driving hazardous

An open air concert

An open air concert
Featured in the concert are SIL's own ethnomusicologist, Mary Hendershott, and the group Space