Sorry folks, this is an erratum as I gave you the wrong link to the Via Podiensis blog. It is http://myviapodiensis.blogspot.fr/ for those interested in following that one.
The photo above is one of me with Brooke Taylor taken in a café in Montrouge just outside the Paris "Beltway," known as the "Boulevard Périphérique." Brooke is a member one of the Facebook forums that I help administer, the Way of St James - Via Podiensis - Chemin du Puy-en-Velay group, and she is getting ready to walk from the town of Vézélay via a different pilgrim route called the Voie de Vézélay, one of 4 main routes through France to the Camino Frances in Spain leading to Santiago de Compostela.
The good news is that upon returning home, I learned that Lukas Neukom, with whom I formerly worked with at SIL in Ouagadougou, now returned to his native Switzerland, has continued to work on the SIL website. It is now live! And better yet, the library's holdings are now available through it. Unfortunately the library software for it is rather clunky, and ResourceMate is no longer supporting this product, but it's a start. If you want to have a look at the website, you can click here. The library's holding can be found under the tab "bibliothèque" or by clicking here.
The other news is that Fina has found a cabinet that might work better for her "library." Below is a photo she posted of her new "find."
Her Saturday Kid's Club continues to grow, and here is a more recent picture below! I am impressed by the number of older children. One of her assistants, Blondine, is teaching here.
I can't remember if I posted it before, but here is a videoclip of the children singing a song that says that they're happy to see you today. Click here to watch.



No comments:
Post a Comment