![]() |
| the happy, contented guests |
![]() |
| I did manage to blow it out... |
![]() |
| publications in Koromfé |
![]() |
| publications in other local languages |
I have also been working on getting some bugs out of the eventual web-based catalog, using a test website. I noticed that the diacritical marks are not displaying properly so have emailed ResourceMate, our software company, to try and diagnose the problem. The wrinkle is that the person that serves as our webmaster for this website is now located in Switzerland, so communication takes much longer.
Meanwhile, I just received an email from my recent SIL literacy contact asking for information on behalf of a French-speaking person in Mali, wanting help on setting up a village library there. Fortunately FAVL [Friends of African Village Libraries] happens to have just such a publication in French. . . And I was talking with Stuart and Cathie over lunch, and they also are thinking that a library in the village in Obiré might be a good idea. . .
On another note, am happy to report that my 91-year old mother finally received the letter I sent her some three weeks ago. My brother, Cliff, sent me an email with her reading it! Unlike my late father, she doesn't do email, and since my sister Karin is no longer there to print out my messages, I was happy to hear this.
| My mother reading my letter |










No comments:
Post a Comment